3.03.2012

Linux Dual Monitor Script

As some of you may know, I run am running Arch Linux on my Lenovo T420. Being a programmer, I often use a second monitor. It took me a little while to figure out how to get this auto-configured on boot in Arch, but I've come up with the following script.



This script will autodetect if you have a secondary monitor (in my case VGA1) connected to your laptop. And set it up your screens accordingly using xrandr.

To get it to run at boot, I simply include it in my .xinitrc file in my home directory.

Feel free to use the script, although you may have to change the screens accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. Are you using the VGA and display port on the laptop or do you have a port replicator? I want to use my port rep and it has a vga and dvi.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using the VGA port on the side of my t420. I'm not sure how you would go about using a port replicator. I can research into that a little bit. My guess is that you would replace VGA with DVI. I will let you know if I find anything.

      Delete